1814 Friends first arrived in the Economy area, immigrating from the Carolinas via Tennessee. They came to Indiana to worship freely where slavery was not practiced.
1815 Springfield Meeting was established northwest of Economy
1825 Friends began meeting near the banks of West River. A log Meetinghouse was built across the road from the present Meetinghouse.
1836 West River has been a monthly meeting since September of 1836. Prior to 1825, Friends met in homes or traveled to Springfield Meeting.
1882 The present Meetinghouse was built.
1890 The meeting was laid down but reopened in 1903.
1954 A basement was dug, and furnace and porch were added.
1957 Additional classrooms were added.
2000 A new aluminum roof was put on the Meetinghouse.
2006 The addition of a new Worship Room was completed.